Milwaukee isn’t the only town around boasting mouth-watering restaurants! In fact, Wauwatosa’s got everything from BBQ to traditional Thai. Here are the top 10 best restaurants in Wauwatosa:
1. Ca’Lucchenzo: If you have the time to sit down and enjoy a meal at Ca’Lucchenzo, you will find things like house made focaccia, gorgonzola risotto, and pappardelle al ragù. While this is not a gluten-free kitchen, Ca Lucchenzo does offer some gluten-free options, including entrees and seasoned earl grey panna cotta. Menu Tip: Be sure to save room for a traditional Italian dessert, whether you have a taste for semolina cookies or tiramisu!
2. Thai Bangkok Express: On the other hand, you may be looking for a restaurant that delivers fantastic Thai food to your Wauwatosa, WI apartment rentals. Thai Bangkok Express delivers a wide menu of seafood, rice, and noodle dishes, as well as some gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options as well. Menu Tip: Order your food online for faster turnaround times and local delivery options!
3. Café Hollander in Tosa Village: This local chain brings a strong brunch game with its menu of local favorites and on point mimosas! French toast, benedicts, omelettes, you name it—Café Hollander even offers some tantalizing healthier options as well. Menu Tip: Be sure to check out the Dutch-inspired starters, including Oiebollen (doughnuts) open-faced sandwiches (Smorrebrod)!
4. North Avenue Grill: Looking for a diner-inspired restaurant to satisfy all your American food cravings? Look no further than North Ave Grill, with its extensive menu of breakfast items, soups, sandwiches, and a rotating cheesecake of the month! Come with a hearty appetite for satisfying, traditional American fare! Menu Tip: Don’t leave without trying one of their iconic malted shakes!
5. Double B’s BBQ Restaurant: Speaking of American food, what would any respectable town be without a killer BBQ joint? While there are several options in Wauwatosa, Double B’s BBQ makes the top of the list. With full platters of mixed meats on the menu as well as an extensive collection of sandwiches, burgers, and sides, even your pickiest eater will be satisfied at Double B’s. Menu Tip: The BBQ beans are baked in the smoker and are a worthy choice for a side!
6. Le Rêve Patisserie and Café: If you’re looking for world-class, French-inspired cuisine, this is a must for any Wauwatosan! With an extensive selection of baked goods as well as an impressive dinner menu featuring classics like steak-frites and coq au vin, at Le Rêve visitors will find cured meats and vegetarian options alike. Menu Tip: For any fans of a well-constructed salad, Le Rêve may become your new favorite lunch spot! Check out their Niçoise or their roasted beet salad!
7. Ono Kine Grindz: If you’re looking for delicious Hawaiian cuisine, you will find it at Ono Kinde Grindz. With Japanese, Chinese, and Hawaiian influence, restaurant-goers can select from mouth-watering combination plates, poke bento boxes, or locally-inspired saimin. There are also a couple of options for those who are vegan or gluten-free! Menu Tip: For an authentic Hawaiian flavor, try the LauLau Plate with butterfish, salmon, and pork belly, macaroni salad, kimchi, and rice!
8. Ristorante Barlotta: Can’t get enough of Italian food? We can’t either. That’s why we love Ristorante Barlotta. With the option to pay a fixed rate for four courses or order regularly off their menu, this is a wonderful date night idea as well! Their menu features traditional Italian flavors from fresh pasta and seafood as well as beef, lamb, and goat that will leave you feeling as though you’ve landed on the shores of the Mediterranean! Menu Tip: Try the hand-cut Spaghetti alla Chitarra with ragu, sweet peppers, and pecorino!
9. Belair Cantina: Who doesn’t love a good taco? This Mexi-Cali style restaurant offers the standard Mexican fare with some hidden gems on the menu, like their sweet plantains topped with queso fresco and crema. Don’t miss out on the churros with dulce de leche dipping sauce for a sweet finish to your meal! Menu Tip: Ask your server for the rotating seasonal hot salsa!
10. Eddie Martini’s: Come to Eddie Martini’s for a flawlessly executed steak or cocktail. With a classic menu featuring steak and seafood, private dining options, and an extensive wine list, this chophouse comes with a retro, 1940’s vibe that is sure to leave an impression.