Looking outside of major cities for better deals on luxury apartments is just part of what a prospective renter should consider when it comes time to find their next place to live. Here are some of the top things to look for in a luxury apartment so you know you’re getting the best deal:
1. Location, location, location. If you’re looking for luxury apartment rentals in the suburbs of a major city, make sure you’re looking in a safe area. Are you within walking distance of fun activities, restaurants, or parks? Will you have a short commute to work? Is the area developing, or are prices likely to increase in coming years? These are all things to think about when selecting the right location for your luxury apartment.
2. Community areas. One of the perks of living in a luxury apartment is having access to a community gym, pool, or study area. This not only saves you money on a monthly gym membership but also is a great way to meet your neighbors and make friends.
3. On-site laundry. Dragging your laundry to and from a laundromat can be a real buzzkill. That’s why on-site laundry is an absolute must for luxury apartments! In the best case scenario, the laundry units are included within the apartment, but sometimes they are given their own laundry building. If you have any questions about laundry-related amenities at your local luxury apartment rentals, be sure to ask the staff!
4. Heated parking stalls. Especially in areas prone to snowy weather like Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, heated parking stalls become the very definition of “luxury.” Heated parking stalls are not only easier on your car in the cold months, but they will even save you fuel by eliminating the cold morning “warm up” period and the associated carbon monoxide output.
5. Bike racks. If driving isn’t your thing or if you simply love the activity of biking, it’s key to find a luxury apartment rental with protected bike racks. If you can pull the bike out of storage, you’re more likely to end up riding it—which can be beneficial for your insurance, gas, and fitness bills.
6. Package delivery room. With luxury apartment rentals offering a package delivery or mail room, you can rest easy knowing your mail is protected from the elements and from ending up in the wrong hands. This convenience takes the stress out of ordering things online, as you can rest assured they will be under lock and key from the moment they arrive!
7. Radiant floor heating. Mmm, warm floors. You might not even need slippers in a luxury apartment rental equipped with radiant floor heating! Aside from being more efficient than baseboard heaters (hello, energy bill), radiant floor heating is generally preferred by allergy sufferers, as they are less likely to distribute allergens through a forced air system.
8. Private balconies or patios. There’s something to be said for having a space that isn’t strictly speaking necessary to everyday life. A balcony or patio can offer a shady, private place to hang out in the warmer months capable of supporting plant and bird life. It’s not exactly a yard, but a little extra space can go a long way.
9. Stainless steel kitchen appliances. Not only does stainless steel look clean and polished, but it also reduces the likelihood of rust, heat damage, and general wear and tear associated with cooking or cleaning. Best of all, with the right cleaning product, small scratches will buff right out, so your apartment will always look like new!
10. High-speed internet capabilities. We have entered the age of working from home—not having WiFi is no longer an option! Look for a luxury apartment rental with fiber or high-speed internet hookups so you can make sure you are getting the very best of what internet providers have to offer!